Having Scoliosis can be stressful. There is many different ways of coping with this stress. Using the teachings from the Dalai Lama helps me remember what’s really is important. It’s hard no to get wrapped up into feeling negative and sorry for myself. This helps but my mind in a move positive place. For those of you who don’t know the Dalai Lama is a wonderful spiritual teacher. No matter what your spiritual beliefs are his insights on to life and how to handle things are remarkable. I got this from an another online website. Below is his instructions on living a life filled with loving Zen in the New Year.
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2. When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three R’s: Respect for self, respect for others and responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go some place you’ve never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.